WHAT: This Sunday the teens are sponsoring a sundae bar at the Midwest Messianic picnic
WHERE: Beth Messiah
WHO: All teens are invited to the picnic and welcome to help out with the sundaes. Julie is going shopping Saturday and would appreciate it if you sent ideas for the sundaes. If you have questions and would like more information text Julie she is the one who really knows what's going on
Here is our argument from Saturday where we debated with Eric who role played as a Secular Jew. As you can tell we did an awful job.
Do you have a world view? A worldview is the way people see and understand the world, especially regarding issues such as politics, philosophy, and religion.
Some of the fundamental questions that make up a worldview are the following:
• Origins: How did it all begin? Where did we come from?
• Fall: What went wrong? What is the source of evil and suffering?
• Redemption: What can we do about it? How can the world be set right again?
• Morality: What is the basis for morality? In other words, how do we know what is right and wrong?
• History: What is the meaning of history? Where is history going?
• Death: What happens to a person at death?
• Epistemology: Why is it possible to know anything at all?
• Ontology: What is reality? What is the nature of the external reality around us?
• Purpose: What is man’s purpose in the world?
In addition to these primary questions, there are three major narratives :
People tend to find their core identity in their job or career, possessions, relationships, political views, and reputation (Am I funny, smart, attractive, talented?). But what happens when something threatens your core identity?
Eric, C. (2018, May 22). Do you have a worldview?. Retrieved from https://chab123.wordpress.com