Teen's Lifelong Learning
Chapter 6 of Unoffendable: "Beautiful Exceptions"
1. On pp. 39–40: The author emphasizes that the Messianic worldview is NOT cynicism: we get to marvel at the goodness that humans often produce. Give an example of a "beautiful exception" from your own life or someone else's.
2. On p. 40: Yes, the world is ___________. But don't be ____________ by it. Instead, do what? ________________________________________
3. On p. 40: Discuss the author's correct assertion: God's kingdom/kingship is breaking through, bit by bit. Recognize it, and wonder at it.
4. On pp. 40–41:
War is not exceptional ____________ is!
Worry is not exceptional ____________ is!
Decay is not exceptional ____________ is!
Anger is not exceptional ____________ is!
Selfishness is not exceptional _____________ is!
Defensiveness is not exceptional ____________ is!
Judgmentalism is not exceptional ____________ is!
5. On p. 41: Discuss unoffendability when someone cuts you off on your commute.
6. On p. 41: In the midst of all the mess of the world, how can we provide beautiful glimpses of God's kingdom/kingship, defined by love?
7. On p. 44: Discuss the author's final conclusion: "One drains the very life from you. The other fills your life with wonder. Choose wisely."