Do you have a world view? A worldview is the way people see and understand the world, especially regarding issues such as politics, philosophy, and religion.
Some of the fundamental questions that make up a worldview are the following:
• Origins: How did it all begin? Where did we come from?
• Fall: What went wrong? What is the source of evil and suffering?
• Redemption: What can we do about it? How can the world be set right again?
• Morality: What is the basis for morality? In other words, how do we know what is right and wrong?
• History: What is the meaning of history? Where is history going?
• Death: What happens to a person at death?
• Epistemology: Why is it possible to know anything at all?
• Ontology: What is reality? What is the nature of the external reality around us?
• Purpose: What is man’s purpose in the world?
In addition to these primary questions, there are three major narratives :
People tend to find their core identity in their job or career, possessions, relationships, political views, and reputation (Am I funny, smart, attractive, talented?). But what happens when something threatens your core identity?
Eric, C. (2018, May 22). Do you have a worldview?. Retrieved from https://chab123.wordpress.com